Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Studies Student Learning Outcomes
Students will examine literacy as a social practice influenced by cultures
- Conducts research with an awareness of cultural difference, demographic lenses, and individual biases
- Understands how social media is constructed by participants as well as by the architecture of the platform.
- Understands how genres are constructed through social/ discourse community
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze cultural differences and create effective texts for target audiences.
Students will conduct research, analysis and assessment of a variety of texts
- Demonstrates ability to conduct scholarly research using multiple relevant sources.
- Understands and can analyze citation conventions and apply appropriately.
- Understands the use of and demonstrates the ability to analyze and incorporate resources.
- Understands the purpose and processes of inquiry.
Students will create texts appropriate for contexts and audiences using both print and digital technologies
- Demonstrates understanding of genre conventions appropriate to a context and audience.
- Can understand, analyze and apply concepts of fair use.
- Uses theories to analyze contextual properties, effectively repurposing material to a rhetorical situation.
- Understands concepts and application of universal design and access.