About video conferencing Appointments
Video conferencing is very similar to a face-to-face session, except the session is conducted through Zoom. Although most clients use video during video conferencing sessions, you may choose to only use audio or the chat feature if that is more comfortable for you.
Just like face-to-face sessions, you’ll have up to 45 minutes to work with your tutor one-on-one. During video conferencing appointments, some clients pull up the piece of writing they want to review on their computer and then share their computer screen with their tutor. You can also upload your work to your appointment slot on our online scheduler (uncc.mywconline.com) so it is accessible to both you and your tutor during your session. Video conferencing session structures can be adapted to suit other needs you may have as well. We especially suggest you use this service for brainstorming and understanding assignment expectations and/or instructor feedback.
Remember, our goal is to help teach you to identify and understand the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, help you find answers, and help you learn how to research, write, revise, and proofread on your own. We want you to become a better writer by learning how to improve the quality of your writing overall, not just to improve the quality of one specific paper.
Video-Conferencing sessions are a great option for clients who want to meet face-to-face, but can’t physically make it to the WRC. Any UNC Charlotte student, faculty, or staff member is welcome to schedule an appointment using our online scheduler (uncc.mywconline.com). For more information on how to schedule your WebEx appointment now, visit our Schedule an Appointment page.
How to Access video conferencing sessions
If you’ve already scheduled a video conferencing appointment, you’ll need to check your UNC Charlotte email inbox to start working with your tutor. You can follow these directions to get started:
- Log in to your UNC Charlotte email account at gmail.uncc.edu.
- Check for an email from your WRC tutor. The subject line will read “Join me now in My Personal Room.”
- Open the email and click on the hyperlink under “Join Zoom Meeting”. You will be redirected to Zoom.
- Fill in your name and UNC Charlotte email address and click Join.
- If this is your first time joining a Zoom meeting, you may be prompted to download the program. Follow the prompts to install . If you have already installed or are not prompted, skip this step.
- After the meeting room loads, you can access the chat function by clicking Chat in the top right corner.