About WebEx Appointments
WebEx tutoring is very similar to a face-to-face session, except the session is conducted through WebEx. WebEx is a video conferencing software that’s connected to UNC Charlotte’s NinerNET system, so you already have an account. Although most clients use video during WebEx sessions, you may choose to only use audio or the chat feature if that is more comfortable for you.
Just like face-to-face sessions, you’ll have up to 45 minutes to work with your tutor one-on-one. During WebEx appointments, some clients pull up the piece of writing they want to review on their computer and then share their computer screen with their tutor. You can also upload your work to your appointment slot on our online scheduler (uncc.mywconline.com) so it is accessible to both you and your tutor during your session. WebEx tutoring session structures can be adapted to suit other needs you may have as well.
Remember, our goal is to help teach you to identify and understand the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, help you find answers, and help you learn how to research, write, revise, and proofread on your own. We want you to become a better writer by learning how to improve the quality of your writing overall, not just to improve the quality of one specific paper.
Although face-to-face sessions provide the best learning conditions, anyone may schedule a WebEx tutoring session. WebEx tutoring is a great option for clients who want to meet face-to-face, but can’t physically make it to the WRC. Any UNC Charlotte student, faculty, or staff member is welcome to schedule an appointment using our online scheduler (uncc.mywconline.com). For more information on how to schedule your WebEx appointment now, visit our Schedule an Appointment page.
How to Access WebEx
If you’ve already scheduled a WebEx appointment, you’ll need to log on to the WebEx system to start working with your tutor. You can follow these directions to get started:
- Log in to your UNC Charlotte email account at gmail.uncc.edu.
- Check for an email from your WRC tutor. The subject line will read “Join me now in My Personal Room.”
- Open the email and click on the hyperlink under “Join WebEx Meeting.” You will be redirected to WebEx.
- Fill in your name and UNC Charlotte email address and click Join.
- If this is your first time joining a WebEx meeting, you may be prompted to add the Cisco WebEx extension. Follow the prompts to install this plug-in. If you have already installed or are not prompted, skip this step.
- After the meeting room loads, you can access the chat function by clicking Chat in the top right corner.
- If desired, follow the directions below for how to set up audio and/or video in WebEx.
How to Set Up Audio
If you have a microphone on your computer, you may set up WebEx audio using your computer. If you do not have a microphone (or would prefer not to use your computer), you will need to call into the meeting using your personal phone. The directions for each option are listed below.
Using Audio Via Computer
- After the meeting room loads, there will be a pop-up “Audio Connection” window to the left of the screen. If you do not see the pop-up window, click Connect to Audio.
- On the pop-up window, click Call Using Computer. Your computer will automatically close the pop-up window once you’re connected.
- If you experience any issues with audio*, you may opt to call in to the meeting using your personal phone. See the directions to “Using Audio Via Personal Phone” below.
Using Audio Via Personal Phone
- If you have already entered the meeting room, click the More button under Audio Connection and choose I Will Call In (instead of Call Using Computer.) The pop-up window will provide a list of instructions to access the meeting via phone.
- Alternatively, if you have not yet entered (or have left) the meeting room, return to the email you received from your WRC Tutor with the subject line “Join me now in my Personal Room.”
- Call the number under the “Join by Phone” heading and enter the access code when prompted.
How to Set Up Video
- After the meeting room loads, there will be a pop-up window to the right of the screen. Click Start My Video in the top right corner. Your tutor will join the meeting shortly.
- If you do not see the “Start My Video” window, click the video recorder icon next to your name under the “Participants” list in the top right corner. The video will load automatically.
- If you experience any issues with video*, or would prefer not to use video, you may work with your tutor through the Chat or Share Screen functions.
*If you have any technical issues with WebEx, you can contact technical support by submitting a support case online or by calling 1-866-229-3239. Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.