• MLIS. University of South Carolina, Columbia, Library and Information Science, in progress
• M. A. University of North Carolina at Charlotte, English, 2010
• B. A. University of North Carolina at Charlotte, English, 2008
• UWRT 1101 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I
• UWRT 1102 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts II
• UWRT 1103 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I & II
• Lecturer, UNC Charlotte, since 2011
• Associate Director, UNC Charlotte Writing Resources Center, 2012-2015
Current Professional Activities:
• Research Assistant, UNC Charlotte Atkins Library, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grant, “The Charlotte Initiative: principles for Permanent Acquisition of e-Books for Libraries. 2015-2017.
Areas of Interest:
• User Experience & Usability
• Knowledge Management & Copyright
• Information Ethics
• Writing Center Theory and Practice
• Narratives of the Circus
• Gothic Literature
• Creative Writing
“Preserving Prose: Approaches to Balancing Multimodal Elements in Assignments.” With Cat Mahaffey. Conference presentation at the UNC Charlotte University Writing Program Conference. “Bridging Inquiries: Research, Process, and Literacy from High School to Higher Ed.” Charlotte, NC. September 12, 2014.
“The Materiality of Language: Using Genre to Compose and Persuade.” With Cat Mahaffey. Presentation for 8th, 9th, and 10th graders from the NCSU TRIO Rising Scholars Academy. June 20, 2014.
“The Perception of Inconsistency: Negotiating Formative Assessment of Pedagogy, Policy, and Procedure within a Writing Center.” Conference presentation at NC State Symposium on Teaching Writing. “Examining Assessment: Principles and Practices for Writing Classrooms and Programs.” Raleigh, NC. March 1, 2014.
“Exploring the (Im)Possibility of Transfer Within/Across Programs.” – with Anthony Borrero and Debarati Dutta. Roundtable at “The Elon Critical Transitions Conference: Writing and the Question of Transfer.” June 25, 2013.
“Creating the Conditions for Transfer: An Examination of Writing Cultures at UNC Charlotte.” – with Anthony Borrero. Conference Presentation at NC State Symposium on Teaching Writing. “Building Bridges: Extending the Work of Composition Beyond the Classroom.” Raleigh, NC. February 16, 2013.
Presenter. “Responding to Student Writing.” – with Debarati Dutta. Presentation for TAs in the Kinesiology Department. February 1, 2013.
Presenter. “Assigning and Responding to Student Writing.” – with Debarati Dutta. Presentation for faculty in the Kinesiology Department. January 23, 2013.
Roundtable Facilitator/Moderator. “Conventions of Writing in the US: What Graduate Students Need to Know.” – with Debarati Dutta, sponsored by the Center for Graduate Life (CGL). November 8, 2012.
Presenter. “Expectations of Writing at the Graduate Level: A Presentation for Prospective Graduate Students. Invited Presentation for Katherine Hall Hertel’s class. September 19, 2012.
Presenter. “Breaking Down the Walls: Reconceptualizing Community, Collaboration, and Support in First-Year Writing Programs.” -- with Anthony Borrero, Donna Gunter, & Sarah Minslow. Conference Presentation at NC State Symposium on Teaching Writing. “A ‘Non-Place’ to Visit: Exploring the Employment Practices and Working Conditions that Affect Writing Instructors.” Raleigh, NC. February 11, 2012.